We work to make the world of business and taxes come alive for creative individuals and organizations! If we’ve done our job, these owners can breathe easy and sleep well at night knowing they’re in good hands. As a team, we focus on staying ahead of technological changes, and value professional development. We try to be responsible corporate citizens and aren’t afraid to take a stand on political or social issues. And we try to have fun and celebrate our humanity—while doing impeccable work, of course. 🙂 We're always looking for new ways of doing things, improvements to our systems, and strategies to help our clients. Are you ready to revel in our growth while helping thousands of creative entrepreneurs along the way?
As a Principal CPA, you are an experienced accountant capable of holding the client relationship in its entirety. You’re both ensuring we’re delivering what we promise and reviewing their business to look for opportunities and strategic recommendations. You’re deeply connected to their goals (personally AND in their business) and are passionate about helping entrepreneurs succeed!
This is a full-time role at a fully-remote firm (no going into the office!) with opportunities to manage others. Typical weekly responsibilities include:
- Coaching Senior Accountants and Bookkeepers by reviewing their work for quality and responding to their inquiries
- Preparing personal and corporate tax planning documents and making updates to clients’ payroll settings to adjust for planning goals
- Preparing business and individual tax returns
- Responding to client tax notices (business and personal, income, payroll, and other)
- Creating tax projections, scenario modeling, and other analysis in our tax software
- Research federal and state income, payroll, and sales tax issues
- Responding to client inquiries regarding reporting, strategy, taxes, etc
- Providing monthly or quarterly advisory services to the client, bringing your analytical abilities and professional experience to bear
- Making recommendations to clients about organizational structure decisions and assisting with entity formation
- Performing analysis and making recommendations about compensation structures, retirement plan structures, or employee incentive structures
- Generating proposals for new client relationships (don’t worry, we’ll show you how to do this in a way that doesn’t even feel like selling)
- Contributing to content creation for the firm in written and video formats
- Assisting clients with government programs like the EIDL, PPP, or other various funding or grant opportunities
You’ll have a flexible schedule, be able to work-from-anywhere, and participate in company benefit programs. Compensation for this role starts at $100-120k with opportunities for sign-on bonuses and bonuses based on goals and metrics.
Qualities to Bring to This Position:
- You’ll be able to balance being approachable yet professional in your communications—written and verbal
- You’re an avid student of the latest in accounting rules, regulations, and guidelines—in fact, you geek out about it a little bit
- You’re a CPA with 8+ years experience, the majority of which is in public accounting settings where you serve a variety of clients (preference given to small and mid-sized firm experience)
- You’re comfortable in client-facing relationships and enjoy getting to know our clients’ businesses (and them as people too!)
- You’ll be detail-oriented, avoiding spelling errors or other careless mistakes in your work
- You’ll be an amazing communicator—making sure any soon-to-be missed deadlines are communicated about ahead of time
- You’re super-comfortable working online, in cloud-based applications, and using a variety of software tools (with the appropriate training of course)
- Your discretion is top-notch; our clients’ privacy and sensitive information are always protected
- You’ve got a proactive attitude, and love finding new and better ways to help us get our work done well
- You’re a get-it-done kind of person, and will ensure client deadlines are met and that we’re following through on our commitments
- You have experience with at least one type of cloud-based accounting platform (preferably Xero, but could be QBO, Sage, Netsuite, etc)
- You also have experience with one of the major tax prep software packages
- And you’ve used some sort of project management, task management, or practice management tool, so keeping track of your upcoming work and logging what you’ve done comes naturally to you
Thank you for considering the position and hope you’ll be interested in joining the Revel CPA team!