We work to make the world of business and taxes come alive for creative individuals and organizations! If we’ve done our job, these owners can breathe easy and sleep well at night knowing they’re in good hands. As a team, we focus on being socially conscious, staying young-at-heart, and always learning. So we try to be responsible corporate citizens and aren’t afraid to take a stand on political or social issues. We try to have fun and celebrate our humanity—while doing impeccable work, of course. 🙂 And we are always looking for new ways of doing things, improvements to our systems, and strategies to help our clients. Are you ready to revel in our growth while helping thousands of creative entrepreneurs along the way?
As a staff accountant, you are at the core of our relationship with our clients—getting them the information they need to make smart decisions for their business. And you’ll be right there with them (virtually of course), not hiding in a cubicle somewhere. So you’ll get to know them personally, individually, and understand what makes them (and their businesses) tick. Ultimately, it’ll be your responsibility to make sure that Revel is always doing our best to help our clients’ goals become reality!
This is a part-time, remote work role with the hope and expectation that you’ll continue to grow with the company over time. Typical weekly responsibilities include:
- Posting weekly or monthly activity for clients into their cloud-based accounting system
- Performing month-end reviews and reconciling accounts against bank and credit card statements
- Generating journal entries and any other accruals or adjustments needed for our clients
- Utilizing web-based tools to process payments for clients that utilize outsourced A/P functions
- Generating monthly or quarterly reporting dashboards for clients
- Responding to client inquiries for information about transactions, and assisting them with minor technical issues in the stack of technology we’ve designed for them
- Assisting with running payroll for clients as needed
- Provide training to clients on the various systems they use as needed
- Perform reviews with the client periodically to make sure our services are aligned with their goals and needs
You’ll have a flexible schedule, be able to work-from-anywhere, and participate in company benefit programs.
Qualities to Bring to This Position:
- You’ll be able to balance being approachable yet professional in your communications—written and verbal
- You’ll be detail-oriented, avoiding spelling errors or other careless mistakes in your work
- You’ll be an amazing communicator—making sure any soon-to-be missed deadlines are communicated about ahead of time
- You’re super-comfortable working online, in cloud-based applications, and using a variety of software tools (with the appropriate training of course)
- Your discretion is top-notch; our clients’ privacy and sensitive information are always protected
- You’ve got a proactive attitude, and love finding new and better ways to help us get our work done well
- You have experience with at least one type of cloud-based accounting platform (preferably Xero, but could be QBO, Sage, Netsuite, etc)
- You’re able to see a transaction and feel fairly confident how 80-90% of them should be categorized based on a typical chart of accounts
- You’ve used some sort of project management, task management, or practice management tool, so keeping track of your upcoming work and logging what you’ve done comes naturally to you
Thank you for considering the position and hope you’ll be interested in joining the Revel CPA team!